Skip to content

Youth Work Permit

North Carolina youth employment work are permits which all youth between the ages of 14-18 are required to obtain to be employed.

Work permits are available at all high schools in Union County. Please inquire at the school's career development coordinator.

Employers may obtain a supply of work permits by calling the North Carolina Department of Labor at 1-800-LABOR NC.

Work Permits may now be filed online at the NC Department of Labor Website.