Skip to content

Customer Service

Customer Service

For sewer backups and other utility-related emergencies, or for information on water restrictions and your water/sewer account, contact Water Customer Service at 704.296.4210 or

Ways to Pay Your Bill

Automatic Bank Draft
Download Form

Request form: 704-296-4210
(M-F, 8am - 5pm)

Pay Online

Use your bank’s bill pay service:
Choose Union County as electronic payee and use mailing address:
P.O. Box 38
Monroe, NC 28111

Mail-in payment:
Union County Public Works
P.O. Box 580194
Charlotte, NC 28258-0194

Pay in person:
Union County Tax Office
500 N. Main St.
Monroe, NC 28112

W. Crowell St. near Government Center in a silver drop box

How can I apply for a water loss adjustment?

To apply for a water loss adjustment, please fill out this form.

Billing & Payment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Apply for Water & Sewer Service

Fill out an Automatic Bank Draft Form

Click to Register


Union County Public Works

500 N. Main St., Ste 400
Monroe, NC 28112

Phone: 704-296-4210
Fax: 704-296-4231

Emergency Contact

Report a Water Outage, Sewer Backup or Overflow

Please call 704-296-4210 immediately to report a water outage, sewer backup, overflow or other utility-related EMERGENCY. On call service is available 24 hours per day for emergency situations only.

About Public Works Customer Service

The Utility Customer Service Department is committed to providing excellent customer service and accurate billing to more than 48,000 residential and commercial water and sewer utility accounts within unincorporated Union County and each of the municipalities in Union County with the exception of Monroe, Marshville, and Wingate.

Log in to keep track of your favorite resources.