Skip to content

Public Works

Public Works

COVID-19 Public Works Information

Beginning August 1, 2020, Union County Public Works will return to normal billing and collection procedures:

  • Late fees will be applied to outstanding balances for bills due after July 31 if a payment plan is not in place
  • Disconnect processing fees may be charged and services disconnected if past due balances are not paid by the due date of bills due after July 31.
  • UCPW provides payment plans for customers who are not able to pay their full bill amount. If you need a payment plan, please click here to complete our Payment Plan Request Form. No credits will be given once the fees are applied to your account. For more information, contact Public Works Customer Service at 704-296-4210 or via email.
  • If your water is currently cutoff, contact Public Works Customer Service at 704-296-4210 or via email for more information on reconnection options.

All About Union County Water

Union County is committed to providing safe and reliable water to residents and businesses. Check out this video to learn all about Union County water, where it comes from, and the important investments we're making to continue providing safe and reliable water for decades to come.

In the event of a sewer backup, sewer overflow, or other utility-related emergency, call
704-296-4210 immediately.

Yadkin Regional Water Supply
Recent Presentations button
Water Quality
Water Rates
Frequently Asked Questions


Union County Public Works
500 N. Main St., Ste 400
Monroe, NC 28112

Phone: 704-296-4210
Fax: 704-296-4231

Emergency Numbers

Please call 704-296-4210 immediately to report a sewer backup, a sewer overflow or other utility-related EMERGENCY. On call service is available 24 hours per day for emergency situations only.

Water outages due to non-payment are generally not considered emergencies. Please verify that your account has not been disconnected for non-payment before reporting a water outage. You can check your account balance and payment status here or by calling 704-292-2537. Please have your account number available.

If your water service has been disconnected for non-payment, service will only be restored when the total balance on the account has been paid in full. In order to be reconnected the same day, payments for re-connection must be made during normal business hours, but prior to 4:00 p.m. Service will be restored the following business day when payments are made after 4:00 p.m.

About Public Works

Union County Public Works is the water and wastewater utility service provider to the unincorporated areas in Union County and all of the municipalities, except Monroe, Marshville and Wingate. Public Works operates a countywide water and wastewater system solely funded by user fees and is not funded by tax dollars.

Popular Resources

Individual Contacts

Hyong Yi
Public Works Administrator

Andy Neff, PE
Water & Wastewater Director

Scott Huneycutt, PE
Engineering Director

Ron Gilkerson
Solid Waste Director

Aubrey Lofton, PE
Planning & Resources Management Director

Chris Boyd
Facilities Director