Skip to content

Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)

Women, Infants & Children (WIC)

About WIC

The Union County WIC program offers nutritional and breastfeeding services free of charge for the community. WIC provides services to eligible pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, as well as infants and children. WIC food benefits are issued into an electronic benefit account at the WIC office. Families use their eWIC card to access their food benefits at the grocery store.

Location, Phone and Hours

2330 Concord Avenue
Monroe, NC 28110

(704) 296-4893 (English)
(704) 296-4890 (Spanish)

Monday - Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
On holiday weeks, we will operate from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and will be closed for the specified holiday. Also note that on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month, we open at 9:00 a.m.

Visit North Carolina's WIC website to learn about available programs, or use the links below for more information.

Contact Information

Emily Colson
Nutrition Program

Phone: 704-296-4893 (English)
704-296-4890 (Spanish)

Courtney Kroeger
Breastfeeding Program
Phone: 704-296-4897

Additional Information About WIC

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027). You can also find this form at at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.