Skip to content

Crisis/Emergency Assistance

Crisis Assessment Unit

How We Can Help

How we can help you

This unit holistically assesses individuals and families who are in crisis to see what services and/or resources may be available to them. This can include assistance with their energy bill for heating or air conditioning costs when there is a medical condition that requires regulated temperature in the home. In certain situations, we may also be able to assist families who have minor children and the ability to maintain, with rent and/or initial rental housing expenses. We provide referrals for food assistance and referrals to other community resources as needed and available. Additionally, the unit takes referrals for adult daycare and in-home aide services for older and/or disabled adults.

How to Apply

Emergency Assistance (200%)

Please call 704-296-4300 and you will be transferred to a Crisis Assessment worker. If you reach a voicemail, please leave a message and your call will be returned within 48 hours. . If you are in need of rental assistance, please call this number as well to be screened for potential assistance.

Energy Assistance - Crisis Intervention Program (CIP)

The following forms are required to apply for CIP:

  • Application
  • Notice of Use of Social Security Number
  • Consent for Release of Information

Paper applications for CIP can be accessed electronically.

Submit all required, completed information one of these methods:

  • Email
  • Fax: CIP 704-296-6148
  • Mail: 2330 Concord Avenue, Monroe, NC 28110
  • Drop box in front of the flagpole
  • Drive-thru window just past the Human Services Agency building entrance

All fields must be completed and forms must be signed before submitting.

Please call 704-296-4300 if you have any questions.

Contact Information

Keith Rorie

2330 Concord Avenue
Monroe, NC 28110